A passionate Health & Safety Professional with over 10 years’ experience in HSE management training. Highly resourceful and able to develop and implement safety strategies and business plans to promote safety in the workplace and manage loss prevention through risk management, systems implementations and management of change and legislative compliance.
Worked with major resource companies to help enhance their safety standards and assist in legal compliance and reduce workplace injuries and illnesses towards the goal of zero harm. This has included:
- Developing safety management systems for clients
- Coach and mentor Supervisors in safe work practices
- Develop and facilitate training systems for clients
- HAZOP studies for design and installation of new structural infrastructure.
- Facilitation of risk assessments for development of standard operating procedures.
Prior to moving into the HSE consulting and training arena in 2009, Jason held various HSE management and co-ordinator roles on major worksites in the oil & gas and mining industries across Australia including: • Karratha Gas Plant, Woodside Energy Ltd, WA; Carborough Downs/Broadlea, Coppabella, Qld; BMA Coal Mines Blackwater, Crinum, Norwich Park, Saraji; Peak Downs, Goonyella Riverside, South Walker Creek; Capcoal, Lake Lindsay, Foxleigh Middlemount, Qld; Sepon Gold and Copper Mine, Laos; Fimiston Open Cut Pit, KCGM, Kalgoorlie, WA.
With Prosmiden, Jason has been involved with the delivery of Goal Zero Programs on the Shell Prelude project and the Visible Safety Leadership programs at Arrow Energy.
- Post Graduate Diploma (Occupational Health & Safety), CQ University – currently studying
- Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety, 2006
- Diploma of Training and Assessment Systems, 2005
- Diploma of Business, 2005
Jason is also a Chartered Professional Member of the Safety Institute of Australia (CPMSIA).