George Siokos was a founding Partner and Executive Chairman of EDN. He has been involved in organisational development consulting in Australia and internationally for over thirty years. He specialises in organisational change and development with a primary focus on the design and facilitation of strategic and business planning, management, leadership and team development, organisational needs analysis and the management of change.
George was central to the development of EDN’s internationally renowned reputation for organisational change, principally in the oil and gas industry which focuses on effective and sustainable workplace cultures using safety as a cause for action.
His services are sought after by international companies and he has addressed a number of conferences in this field, including Society of Petroleum Engineers and International Association of Drilling Contractors conferences. He is currently a Distinguished Lecturer with the International Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
A selection of more recent clients George has served includes: KCA Deutag, Woodside, BP, ExxonMobil, Ensco International, Origin Energy and Santos.
- Presented a paper on “HSE Leadership Development Program – what REALLY works”, Nice 2008, Society of Petroleum Engineers International Conference on HSE in Oil & Gas Exploration and Production;
- Presented a paper on “Leadership and Culture: Turning Theory into Reality”, Abu-Dhabi 2006, SPE Conference;
- Presented a paper on “Improving Safety Leadership in Drilling and Completions Operations”, Calgary 2004 with John Karish BP America Inc, SPE HSE Conference;
- Chair a Forum on behalf of the SPE in “Getting to Zero”, in June 2010 in Park City, USA.
- Presented a paper on “Managing Safety in Difficult Times: What You Cannot Measure is Difficult to Manage” at the SPE HSE Rio Conference, in April 2010
- Chaired a Panel Session at the same conference in Rio on “Competency Assurance – Steps to improving HSE Bench-strength”.